Chunky Tomato Salsa
Makes: 1 bowl of salsa
- 1 glove of garlic, very finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, very finely chopped
- 2-3 large tomatoes, very finely chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli powder
- 3 pinches of salt and pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
Mix all together and enjoy.
For best results, leave for 30 minutes to marinate.
Ingredients: (Using equal amounts)
- Grated Cheddar cheese or any hard cheese,
- Peeled and grated carrot
- Finely sliced onion (white, red or spring onion)
Combine together in a large bowl with one of the following:
- Salad cream
- Thousand Island / Marie Rose dressing
(Adding a little at a time, use just enough so that the mixture isn’t too runny)
For best results, chill for 30 minutes to marinate.
- 80g tin tuna, drained
- 1 spring onion or equal amount of red or white onion thinly sliced
- ½ small red pepper (40g/1½oz), cut into small dice
- 2 tsp Mayonnaise
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
Combine all ingredients together in a mixing bowl and serve.