- 50g (2 oz) butter
- 50g (2 oz) caster sugar
- 50g (2 oz) self raising flour
- 1 medium egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons of jam or syrup
1. In a medium bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until smooth.
2. Mix in the egg and milk gradually, so as not to curdle the butter.
3. Sift in the flour, and fold in gently.
4. Put 2 tablespoons of golden syrup, treacle or jam in bottom of microwave-safe bowl. Pour in batter.
5. Cover, and cook for 3 1/2 minutes on full powder, or until the pudding appears set when gently jiggled, and the top is sticky. Serve hot.